Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Beach! (Spring Break, part 2)

This year we went to La Jolla to see a group of seals that enjoy sunning themselves on a beach there.
 You can just see the excitement on their faces.  ;)
 Here are some seals playing in the water....
and some resting on the sand.  It was pretty cool to see so many seals up close and not just at Sea World in an enclosure.   The kids were not as impressed as I thought they would be, but of course, they had other things on their minds.  So we hurried back to the beach to get down to business...




I could do a whole post about Jason and the beach.   All kids love the sand and surf, but Jason has a special love for the ocean.  When he was a baby, he loved to roll and roll in the sand.  Now he spends hours chasing the waves, watching the seagulls, and just being mesmerized by the whole experience.  He's my little beach bum, for sure. 
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

4 Kind Words:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Fabulous beach vacation!!!! I love Sarah Mei's little hair cut - so cute!!

Tiffany said...

Your pictures are amazing! I LOVE the last one! I have the same love for the ocean...I have had so much fun listening to the kids talk about the beach!

Michele said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. We have more in common than just 4 boys and a little lady, we left Southern California 4 years ago (has it been 4 years already???). How do you manage that crazy California lifestyle with all those kids? I had to simplify as I was having panic attacks everytime soccer sign ups rolled around!

Sarah said...

How beautiful. So glad that you had such a wonderful time.