Monday, October 27, 2008

Final Countdown!

Yes, it's finally here! We leave on Friday morning!! We fly to San Francisco, then a fun 12 hour flight to Beijing. We will stay in a hotel near the Forbidden City on Saturday night, then go PICK UP OUR DAUGHTER on Sunday morning!!!!!! At New Day Foster Home we will have the opportunity to express our thanks to both the New Day staff and Sarah's sweet foster family. I can't even imagine what this will be like.

I have been so busy trying to get everything ready for home, school, and the trip. I think I am just about there, but there are still lots of loose ends to tie up.

Thank you to all family and friends who offer to help and for your encouraging words! We wouldn't be able to do it without all of your love and support!

Will try to post pictures of Sarah's room if I get a minute. If not, then you'll know why!

And now, strap yourselves in and hold on tight, this is going to be quite the ride!!!

P.S. Do you like my airplane picture? I like this happy airplane. It helps calm my nerves about flying! :)

9 Kind Words:

Ginga said...

I am SO excited for you guys - can you blog from China???

Amy said...

Only 5 more days until you hold your Sarah!! I can't wait to follow along!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I love reading about your journey and now it's here. I'm so excited for you. Safe travels and have fun!
PS. love the happy plane!

Todd and Lisa said...

So exciting! I cant wait to see pics of you all together! Best of luck! Love ya!!

Breeann said...

That is so exciting! Are you having trouble sleeping yet? I can never sleep when something so exciting is going to happen. Have a fun flight and I cant wait for an update!

Heidi said...

it is really happpening now- yay!!!
Very, very soon, you'll have a beautiful little girl and then very different kinds of news for us. I'm looking forward to it that.
Have a great trip, safe travels & we'll be waiting over here...

Allison said...

Congrats! I'm very excited to meet your little girl.

Jill said...

Congrats! Here's prayers for a safe and happy flight! We are sooo excited for you!

julia said...

the mooklettes send our love from CA- best of luck to all of you! we are so very happy for each of you...go get her, mama!