A long time ago I said I would post some pictures of Sarah's room. Well, we finally got everything up... so here it is!
Last summer, I chose this crib bedding (from Target) and then we picked out the wall color (pink, of course!). We painted Sarah's room during the long wait.
Then I thought about ways I could incorporate the ladybug and flower designs from the quilt in Sarah's room. I have seen quotes and sayings done in vinyl, and I wondered if I could customize some other things in vinyl, too.
So I got on Etsy (awesome homemade stuff) and asked a vinyl designer if she could help me design some ladybugs and flowers similar to those on the quilt. She was very helpful and sent me some mock ups and then I ordered them.
I decided to do vinyl because it is inexpensive and removable. It was simple to install, and so much easier than peeling off wallpaper or painting over a mural (both of which I have done in the past)!
Close up of some of the flowers
We bought these cute dolls in Guangzhou. I just really like them, but Sarah has no interest in playing with them... so I guess they'll stay on the shelf and look cute! :) The glass cup is from Ike, our guide in Beijing and Nanchang. We love Ike. He was amazing and so kind to Sarah.




12 Kind Words:
that is so cute!! You can't over do pink when you've had so much blue for the boys! :)
Hi Gwen!
Thanks so much for your comment...it's nice to meet you:-).
I love Sarah's room!! I'm still trying to decide what to do with Sophie's. I found out her favorite color is blue, so I'm going to work with that....after two boys I was hoping to get a pink or purple, but oh well...so small in the whole scope of things....maybe I can go with a periwinkle;-)??
I really like the vinyl wall clings you used...I'll have to keep those in mind....and oh, the corolle babydoll that's on the shelf....I just bought Sophie the same one a couple weeks ago!! She is so adorable...I hope Sophie likes her.
Thanks again for stopping by, and for the great room ideas!
God bless~
Tami
Gwen, the room looks great! The vinyl makes such a difference, doesn't it! Love it!
It's cute Gwen. I love the tea set.
Her room is adorable - you guys did a great job!!
That is totally cute! So happy. I love it.
Love it!! Can you come do Presley's room for me??
really sweet. Wonderful details.
Sarah's room is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing the pics.
what a beautiful room for your precious girl!! i love it!
What a great room! Perfect for a little princess. You are a great decorator. I should hire you out for my house! How's the last bit of school going?
I love her room Gwen!!! So cute, and I love the doll house bookshelf! Trish
Post a Comment